- Why buy SABRE?
- SABRE -
CS Tear Gas &
Red Pepper Spray
Combo Keychain Self Defense
Spray with Extra Practice
Canister and Quick Release
The Complete Package! SABRE's STUHC-14 provides the perfect solution for the novice seeking practice & performance knowledge. Complete with thorough practice instructions and practice canister the Quick Release with Practice Canister gives familiarity and piece of mind when you need it most!LEARN MORE
- SABRE RED - Maximum Strength Pepper Spray
Spray - BLACK
The most compact and fast deploying pepper spray is now sold with industry-leading SABRE Red Pepper Spray!
Spitfire, the most compact & fastest deploying, has been a favorite of pepper spray users for over a decade.
Designed to fire with less effort and aim with greater accuracy, from the hip or over the shoulder.
Quick release key ring.
Canister refills available.
Color: BLACKLEARN MORE PURCHASE
- Practice Spray
- Law Enforcement & Corrections Pepper Spray
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography
- SABRE Crossfire Technology
- Crowd Management: MK-60, MK-46, MK-9
- Phantom OC
- Cell Buster
- SABRE Green
- SABRE Refill System
- Aerosol Grenades
- SABRE Decon
- Training and Training Products
- SABRE Advantages
- SABRE Differences
- SABRE Formulations
- CBP Approved Sprays
- OC Canister Reference Guide
- Bear Spray & Dog Spray
FRONTIERSMAN Bear Sprays
and Attack Deterrent
FRONTIERSMAN is the best animal attack deterrent on the market. Designed for bear attacks, the FRONTIERSMAN provides the industry?s maximum 35 foot range, glow-in-the-dark safety, heavy fog delivery and 2.0% CRC for maximum strength.LEARN MORE
- Stun Guns
- Personal Safety Academy
- Learn how to Protect Yourself at a Safe Distance.
- Learn Risk Reduction Strategies to Discourage a Potential Threat.
- Learn the best Self Defense Technique to Escape an Attacker.
- Obtain Muscle Memory which helps Protect You during High Stress Encounters.
- Learn the 10 Steps to use Pepper Spray the Right Way!
- Learn the Best Techniques to use Pepper Spray!
SABRE Crossfire Technology - Continuous OC Spray Deployment from Any Angle!
CROSSFIRE now available in Gel
View/Download Crossfire Technology Catalog (PDF)
New OC Technology Increases Target Acquisition When Controlling Dynamic Subjects
Your mind races to process the totality of circumstances as you approach a potentially dangerous subject. You’re not sure if this large and seemingly aggressive individual is armed, an experienced fighter or will comply with verbal commands. As your commands are dismissed, you escalate to OC deployment. Suddenly, the subject extends his hands out from his face and ducks while approaching you quickly. Seconds count and your safety is on the line. Are you forced to escalate or do you have an OC countermeasure?
Static subjects are few and far between. Aggressive and non-compliant behavior often results in subject countermeasures to avoid officer control and restraint. When force escalation triggers the use of OC, subjects will frequently move, duck or attempt to block the spray. As these dynamic encounters ensue, the officer’s task of gaining control becomes increasingly difficult. SABRE’s Crossfire technology was specifically developed to give officers the upper-hand when controlling dynamic subjects.
Superior to 1st and 2nd generation Aerosol Irritant Projectors, Crossfire introduces 3rd generation technology which allows SABRE OC canisters to deploy continuously from any position. Picture the face of an analog clock which displays the time through the use of fixed numbered dials and moving hands. 1st generation OC sprays only deploy upright between the clock’s 10 and 2 dials. 2nd generation OC sprays increase target acquisition with the addition of ½ second bursts deployments between the clock’s 4 and 8 dials. The 3rd generation Crossfire will deploy continuously from any position or dial on a clock to maximize target acquisition when encountering dynamic subjects.
Crossfire Technology is currently available with SABRE DEFENSE, SABRE 5.0, and SABRE Red formulations.
- Crossfire will deploy vertically downward, from a horizontal position, if needed.
- Crossfire will deploy vertically upward, from a horizontal position, if needed.
- Inert training units featuring Crossfire Technology are also available.
When asked about the name for this 3rd generation OC technology, David Nance, V.P. Sales & Marketing for Security Equipment Corporation said,“Crossfire is a good, strong name. Aside from indicating the strength of SABRE products, Crossfire is a military term which became popular during World War I. Crossfire is a technique using lines of fire from multiple positions making it difficult for an attacker to find a covered approach. Preventing a covered approach, increases target acquisition and OC effectiveness.”
Officers can now increase their safety and reduce control and restraint challenges with Crossfire which permits continuous OC deployment from any position.
SABRE® CROSSFIRE TECHNOLOGY (CFT) — Technical Specifications
CROSSFIRE can deploy continuously from any position or angle to increase target acquisition.
4.35” / 11.0 cm
6.25” / 15.87 cm
1.50” / 3.80 cm
1.50” / 3.80 cm
1.8 oz. / 50.4 gr. / 54 ml
3.0 oz. / 85.0 gr. / 89 ml
Seamless extruded aluminum – Rated 2Q
Formulatiulation: Water soluble Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) and ultraviolet making dye. The formulation is non-flammable and electronic immobilization device compatible. Each canister is stabilized and contains an operating pressure of 140 PSI.
Labeling: All canisters are labeled with a protective Mylar over lamination cover which resists wear and water damage. Canisters are labeled with the shot pattern, batch number, serial number and expiration date. Individually serialized canisters permit easy identification and link to formulation batch numbers for quality assurance tracking.
Quality Control: Security Equipment Corporation maintains quality control system in accordance with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for the following:
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Tests:
- Operation Test
- Discharge Duration Test
- Intermittent Discharge Test
- High Temperature Exposure Test
- One Year Time Leakage Test
- Temperature Cycle Test
- Operating Weight Test
- Gasket Dependability Test
- Hydrostatic Pressure Test
- Pressure Vessel Test
Federal Regulatiegulations: Security Equipment Corporation certifies that all units comply with the following:
- 29 CFR 1910 - Occupational Safety And Health Standards
- AOAC 995.03 - Oleoresin Capsicum Assay
- 16 CFR 1500.41 - Test for skin irritant
- 16 CFR 1500.130 - Labeling of self pressurized canisters
- 16 CFR 1500.45 - Test method for determining flammability of contents of self pressurized canisters
- 16 CFR 1500.42 - Test for eye irritant
- 16 CFR 1500.3 - Acute Inhalation Toxicity Study
TRAINING INERT UNITS
SABRE DEFENSE — Level 1 Formulation
12-15 / 4-5
12-15 / 4-5
N/A500,000 / 300,000 [-NY]
N/A50,000 / 30,000 [-NY]
N/A0.33%* / 0.2%* [-NY]
SABRE 5.0® — Level II Formula
SABRE Red® — Level III Formula
12-15 / 4-5
12-15 / 4-5
5% OC10% OC
* AOAC Official Method 995.03 Capsaicinoids in Capsicums and Their Extractives, Liquid Chromatographic Method (HPLC). Security Equipment Corporation uses AOAC Method 995.03 because it is the preferred method of the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Federal Government.