On average, snow and sleet alone cause 211,188 vehicle crashes
each year in the U.S. And that’s just one of the things that could happen to you on the road while winter driving. If you were in an accident or your car broke down, would you have what you needed to take care of you, your vehicle and your passengers?
As part of our #SafetyForTheSeason campaign sponsored by O’Reilly Auto Parts, we’ve put together a list of some essential items to include in your winter car kit. You’ll notice we included helpful links to point you in the right direction as you’re out shopping!
3. Road flares – signal that you are distressed and alert oncoming traffic if you’re obstructing the road!
5. Bottled water
6. Road salt, sand, cat litter
7. First aid kit
8. Extra socks, hats, mittens and hand/feet warmers
9. Cell phone charger and adapter if possible
11. Necessary medications – a dose or two in case you are stranded for an extended number of hours
What do you include in your winter car kit?