Last week we heard from Lindsey Smith for her favorite detox recipes. This week we have the same from Jennifer Cassetta who would like to share her Detox Green Smoothie and Basil Broccoli Pea Soup recipes!
Jenn's Detox Green Smoothie
By Jennifer Cassetta
Celebrate the New Year (and a new you) by fueling your body with this delicious, nourishing smoothie. After holiday festivities, coconut water will rehydrate you, while Brazil nuts contain fiber and magnesium to keep you, ahem, regular. Matcha green tea powder and pineapple help combat bloating. And of course the Vega One contains fiber and protein to stabilize your blood sugar and keep your energy high.
½ cup coconut water
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 serving Vega One French Vanilla protein powder
3 Brazil nuts
½ tsp matcha green tea powder
1 cup kale
½ small banana
1 cup frozen pineapple
5 ice cubes
Basil Broccoli Pea Soup
By Jennifer Cassetta
This soup is vegan, super healthy, packed with fiber, all green, and can be an entire meal because of its macronutrient profile. Simply said, there is plenty of protein from the peas and cashews, healthy carbs from the broccoli and peas and a tad bit of healthy fat from the olive oil and cashews. Enjoy it as part of a cleanse or detox or serve it at a dinner party. I just did and it was a hit!
Try it! You and your kids will love it.
1-2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 bag of organic broccoli (A Trader Joe’s size bag) about 2 cups chopped
1/2 bag of organic peas (1/2 pound)
3 cups of vegetable stock
1 cup of water
1 handful of roasted cashews
8-12 leaves of fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Coat a saucepan with 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté garlic over medium heat.
2. Once garlic starts to brown add in peas, broccoli and half of the liquid needed.
3. Cover and let cook until the color pops and turns bright green.
4. Next add everything else to a blender including the cooked veggies. You can use a hand blender as well.
5. The one cup of water can be more or less depending on how you like the thickness of your soup.
6. Garnish with extra basil leaves or with cashews. Enjoy!
Bon appetit, health enthusiasts!