8 Ways You’re a Soft Target
12 30 2014
When you get in a car, you put on your seat belt – it’s a habit, because you value your safety. But you’re 55 times more likely to be a victim of violence than experience a car crash. So why don’t you take precautions while out and about to prevent becoming a soft target for attack? Make it a habit to not:
- Walk with your head down
- Be absorbed in your cell phone
- Look distracted from your surroundings
- Walk, jog or run with headphones in both ears
- Carry valuables in plain sight
- Carry too many things, preventing you from having one hand free at all times
- Walk alone in the dark
- Look lost
Remember: Practice makes perfect! Make a conscious effort at first, and eventually it’ll be your habit to stay as safe as possible. And habits are hard to break.
Gain more safety insights. Join us at the SABRE Personal Safety Academy by finding out about a class near you. Be Smart. Be Ready. Be Safe.