- Pepper Spray
- Stun Guns & Personal Alarms
- Bear & Dog Sprays
- Home Security Systems & Products
- Personal Safety Training
- International Customers
Celebrating Halloween in College is so much fun. At this age, it’s not about Trick or Treating anymore, it about the Costume Parties! To make sure that you and your friends have fun and stay safe this Halloween, follow these simple safety tips to make sure that your good time is a safe time...
1) If you and your roommates are hosting a party, make sure to have a plan in place to keep things under control. Agree on a guest list and stick to it. If you live in a house/apartment and plan on making it a big party, consider hiring some type of security to make sure things don’t get out of hand.
2)DO NOT let anyone who has been “over served” leave the party unattended or be allowed to drive home. Have a taxi service set up to call if needed.
3) If you and your friends are attending a party at another College Campus, make sure you know your way around campus, and have a plan with your friends. DO NOT leave each other or get separated, set a time and location of where to meet at the end of the night . Have an emergency back up plan if someone gets separated, cellphone dies, or has drank too much. Trust us...it will happen.
4) Watch your drink at ALL times, DO NOT drink anything out of a punch bowl, DO NOT drink anything that someone hands you. Bring your OWN drinks, or make sure you watch the drink being poured. When in doubt-pour it out. Date Rape Drugs are very real-especially in large crowded parties.
5) Avoid choosing a costume or prop/weapon that can be confused with the real thing. Cops are on ‘Hyper Alert” Halloween night, you do not want to run the risk of confused with an actual criminal.
6) If you walk into a party and the vibe/crowd does not feel right, Trust your Gut and get you and your friends out of there. Better safe than sorry.
Happy Halloween from SabreRedCollege