Join us in making the world a safer place.
Job Description: Product Development Manager
Reports To:CEO/VP Sales & Marketing
Supervises:None at present
Product Development Manager - Chicago, IL
This product development manager position is responsible for overseeing product development initiatives for the organization.
- Attend industry trade shows (North America, Europe & Asia)
- Study thousands of on-line product reviews
- Visit big box retailers to study planograms
- Review competitors’ catalogs, websites & product lines
- Find new SABRE product opportunities based on the research
- Test & evaluate products & prototypes to determine whether or not they can and/or should be taken to market
- Manages and coordinates product development projects for concept to commercialization
- Develop knowledge of products and customer requirements
- Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization and production issues
- Ensures that labeling and marketing/promotional literature match product specifications.
- Researches and monitors existing client base and industry developments and identifies potential new product opportunities
- Works with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development and vendor strategy
- Manages project budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for top management
- Familiar with a variety of field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks
- Responsible for the delivery of the project development milestones and objectives
- Timely completion of project/product specifications and support data
- Coordinate the formulation and processes development, production scale up, stability testing and validation of new or improved products as required
- Responsible for ensuring that all development activities within the team conform to requirements in the regulatory, safety and environmental areas
- Ensure that facilities and processes are operated with a prioritization to quality and safety and also to the required standards of good manufacturing and laboratory practice
- Must be able to negotiate most favorable pricing, payment terms, warranties etc. from SABRE suppliers
- Must be willing to attend conferences, study trade journals and network with like professionals to keep up on the latest industry trends
- Project Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Decision Making
- BS/BA degree in related field
- Minimum 5 years as a product development manager for consumer product company
- Proven understanding of the product development process from concept to launch
- Results oriented, self-motivated and solid planning & organizational capabilities
- Must be able to manage several complex projects with priority
- Must be able to communicate well between sales, marketing, production, management, quality control, etc. to advance initiatives successfully through the product development process
- Work with cross-functional team(s) to develop and define clear target product profiles-good leadership and strong interpersonal skills to nurture teamwork and an environment of success
- Travel required
- Must be willing and able to travel at least once per month
- Must be willing to travel up to two weeks in a row up to two times per year (factory visits to Asia)
- Must be able to travel to visit major trade show
- Visits to SABRE headquarters in St Louis, MO
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Security Equipment Corporation offers excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, long-term disability, 401(k), life insurance and a paid time off policy within a progressive employee-centric culture.
Security Equipment Corporation is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you!