Canada Bear Spray Recall Update
In June 2021, we issued a voluntary recall on some canisters of FRONTIERSMAN, FRONTIERSMAN XTRA, SABRE WILD, and SABRE WILD MAX Bear Sprays. These canisters contain BOTH A YELLOW NOZZLE AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING EXPIRATION DATES - 02/2024, 03/2024, 04/2024*, 05/2024, 06/2024.
Please immediately check the expiration date on your canister and, if the expiration date is within this range, test your bear spray according to the instructions demonstrated in the video and listed below to ensure your bear spray functions properly.
*If purchased from MEC
If you do determine your canister does not spray, please return the canister to the retailer where originally purchased.
If you are a retailer or distributor who purchased directly from SABRE please fill out the Return Authorization Form and email to Returns@SabreRed.com. Once we receive this completed form a customer support representative will email instructions on how to proceed with receiving your replacement unit(s).
Instructions to Test Your Bear Spray
- Go outside to a safe area away from others
- Place your forefinger through the hole in the handle with your thumb on the safety clip curl
- Pull the safety clip straight back on-off using your thumb (Figure 1)
- Point the canister approximately 45 degrees toward the ground in the downwind direction
- Depress the actuator tab lightly for a very quick burst of spray (Figure 2). If your canister sprays then it is not subject to the recall (see video below)
- Replace the safety clip by firmly pressing with your thumb until an audible “snap” is heard (Figure 3). No gap should be between the actuator and the safety clip
- Wipe the nozzle with a paper towel and discard the paper towel